April 2, 2012

Flashback: Rhythm Nation


(images: link 1 | link 2 | link 3 | link 4)

The fashion industry is fast paced, constantly changing, and always about the new but more often than not, past influences are always revisited as well.

Janet Jackson is one of my favorite artists and one of my favorite albums of all time is Rhythm Nation 1814. Who could forget that famous body hugging black outfit with silver pins and combat boots? As I mentioned before, past influences are often revisited in the fashion industry. Take for instance the former editor of Harper's Baazar (Russia) and now freelance writer, Miroslava Duma seen  at the Chanel Fall 2012 fashion show in Paris. She wore a long structured blazer with gold Chanel pins and thigh high boots that looked all too familiar. The outfit reminded me of a more modern and new version of the Rhythm Nation outfit, don't you agree?

I'll end this post with one of my favorite songs from Miss Jackson.



1 comment:

  1. I really like the Janet Jackson look.Reminds me of Michael Jackson.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!